Top quality translations, every time
How to ensure the highest translation quality
At Lingo24, Inc. we’re committed to producing fluent, accurate translations that meet all your requirements. We always take time to fully understand clients’ needs and expectations, and select the best-qualified translators for each subject.
There are also a few simple steps you can take to ensure the highest translation quality every time. These range from choosing the right service level to supplying documents in a translation-friendly format. We’re very happy to follow your chosen style guide, or to see examples of previous translations.
Please watch our short video guide to ensuring the best quality translations. And if you’ve got any questions, do get in touch!
We pride ourselves on our flexibility, and our ability to produce high quality translations to extremely tight deadlines. But for best results, we recommend avoiding certain file formats, and providing clear instructions and reference materials, if available.
The following circumstances can affect our ability to guarantee the highest translation quality.
Uneditable Source Files (PDFs, JPEGs, Scans)- Risks
Lingo24, Inc. can translate from uneditable source formats such as PDFs, jpegs or scanned files by converting these files to an editable format. However there are some risks and disadvantages involved.
- Lingo24, Inc. will not be able to offer any discounts on repetitions due to the faulty segmentation of converted files. This also means we are unable to offer any Translation Memory matches.
- Lingo24, Inc. will not be able to guarantee an exact mirroring of the original layout. The final work may have a slight reduction in quality, e.g pictures may be in a lower resolution, the structure of the text may differ, and tables will not be identical to the original ones. If an exact mirroring of the source document is required, Lingo24, Inc. recommends supplying the original source files.
- The project’s turnaround time may be affected by formatting issues.
- For scanned files, Lingo24, Inc. cannot guarantee that the target file will faithfully match the format of the source. We might only be able to deliver a text-only version. For a closer match of the source format, additional formatting costs will be applied.
- Should there be complaints or concerns regarding the formatting where no editable source files were provided, Lingo24, Inc. will rework the formatting according to the client’s feedback. An additional cost for formatting will apply.
Lingo24, Inc. can deal with urgent projects and tight deadlines by splitting the source files among more translators or allocating more working hours per day to our translators. However, there can be some risks and disadvantages associated with this.
- Splitting the translation among several translators can create a greater risk of issues with consistency, terminology, style, even when a single proofreader is used. Lingo24, Inc. is not able to guarantee the quality and the completeness of the final translations.
- Lingo24, Inc. may not be able to allocate time for pre-delivery quality checks by our Project Managers.
- Should there be complaints or concerns regarding the quality of the translation, Lingo24, Inc. will rework the translation according to the client’s feedback, but is unable to offer a refund or discount.
Lack of Briefing and Reference
Lingo24, Inc. recommends clients fill in a brief, and provide reference materials, if available. We can translate files without any briefing from the client, but there are some risks involved.
- Lingo24, Inc. will not be able to guarantee that the translation style will fit the target audience/market.
- Lingo24, Inc. will not be able to identify which terms /parts should or shouldn’t be translated.
- Lingo24, Inc. may not be able to assess correctly how to deal with specialised company terminology, e.g. acronyms, currencies, company names.
- Lingo24, Inc. may not be able to use the correct tone or style, e.g. formal or informal.
- Lingo24, Inc. will not be able to guarantee that the translation will be delivered in the desired format (especially if there are special formatting requirements)
- Lingo24, Inc. will not be able to ensure consistency with your previous translations without reference files, e.g. previous translations, TMs, glossaries, style guides.
- Should there be complaints or concerns regarding the style, terminology or consistency of the translation with previous translations, Lingo24, Inc. will rework the translation according to the client’s feedback. Refunds and discounts will not be offered in these cases.
Lack of Client Review
Lingo24, Inc. recommends that the client provides us with as many details as possible regarding their review process. If no review process, and no style or terminology instructions are available, the client will need to rely on Lingo24, Inc.’s choice of experienced translators. They will decide on the style and terminology according to the context.
- Lingo24, Inc. will not be able to guarantee that the quality of the translation will meet the client’s expectations without the client clarifying queries/question from our teams.
- Should there be complaints or concerns regarding the style and terminology, Lingo24, Inc. will rework the translation according to the client’s feedback. However no refund or discount will be offered.
- Without any feedback from the client on the translation’s quality, Lingo24, Inc. will assume that the translation has been fully accepted, and approve the translation memory (TM) in XTM. This means that the same style and terminology will be used for future jobs.
See all our Terms and Conditions here.