Translation Service in the USA - Lingo24, Inc.'s History
Translation Service in the USA: Lingo24, Inc.'s History
Lingo24, Inc.’s founder Christian Arno set up the company in Aberdeen, Scotland, in 2001, with a view to providing translation services around the world. He had already run a successful pilot project with his friend and fellow Oxford graduate, Jos Shepherd.
The company has grown rapidly since then, and now has hubs spanning the globe, providing translation services 24 hours a day. Lingo24, Inc. appointed its first US Senior Manager for Business Development in June 2010, based in San Francisco. It now has offices in New York and Boston.
Here are some of the milestones in Lingo24, Inc.’s history:
- 2001 September: Christian Arno sets up the company in Scotland.
- 2002 March: The business starts to grow following the launch of its first website. 2003 August: Lingo24, Inc. is given an award for best e-business start-up in Scotland.
- 2003 November: Its first overseas hub, in New Zealand, is founded with four employees.
- 2004 December: Lingo24, Inc. launches in China, with two staff members.
- 2005 March: Our Romanian operation is set up, with five employees.
- 2006 November: Lingo24, Inc. sets up its first London office at the Media Village, Great Titchfield Street; with a staff of three.
- 2007 September: Happy 6th birthday Lingo24, Inc.! The company now has 40 full-time employees around the world.
- 2008 January: Lingo24, Inc. moves west, founding its Panama hub with a staff of eight.
- 2008 August: Back in Scotland, its Edinburgh office opens with six staff members.
- 2009 June: Lingo24, Inc. includes XTM as part of its operation system.
- 2009 September: The company records 31% growth at the end of the financial year, and $5.7m turnover.
- 2010 April: The new London office opens at 131-151 Great Titchfield Street.
- 2010 June: San Francisco-based Elaine Olshanetsky joins the company as US Senior Manager for Business Development.
- 2010 September: Lingo24, Inc. closes the 2010 financial year with a turnover of $7.7m.
- 2010 October: The company is presented with the HSBC Business Thinking award, for Scotland and Northern Ireland.
- 2011 January: Lingo24, Inc. opens its first major Asian hub in Cebu City, Philippines. It now employs 150 full-time staff around the globe.
- 2011 May: Lingo24, Inc. is in 81st place in The Times' Fast Track 100 list, and is named one of the fastest growing translation agencies in the world.
- 2011 October: Lingo24, Inc. appoints Mark Slobbe as Director of Americas.